Global Technology Centres
On Friday 15th October, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson MP visited our Global Technology Centre in Bristol to see first-hand how GKN Aerospace is shaping a more sustainable future of flight.
The Prime Minister, accompanied by Foreign Secretary Liz Truss MP, officially opened the £32M centre, which was jointly funded by GKN Aerospace and the Aerospace Technology Centre (ATI). The Cabinet Ministers saw the break-through technologies being developed, from advanced and lightweight composites today, to electric and hydrogen propulsion technologies to support the transition to zero emissions air travel.
As well as meeting team members, the Prime Minister spent time discussing the skills required by the workforce of the future with graduates and apprentices from both GKN Aerospace and its partner companies and academic institutions.
Latest GTC News
UK Global Technology Centre launch event
What is the UK GTC?
A 10,000 m2, ‘Open access’ collaborative R&D centre located in Filton, Bristol.
- One of 4 Global Technology Centres
- A joint £32M investment between GKN Aerospace and the UK Government through the Aerospace Technology Institute
- An ecosystem of Universities, Research and Technology Organisations, Catapults, Government Organisations and Industrial Partners
- Providing support to start-ups and SMEs
- Opening in October 2021
The Missions of the UK GTC
- Investigate the optimum application & insertion of emerging technologies into products
- Develop advanced capabilities for high rate aerospace manufacturing
- Increase collaboration within our ecosystem: hosts 300 engineers – GKN Aerospace, Universities, Catapults, Research Institutes, Start-ups & SME’s, Customers, Suppliers, Industrial Partners
- Enable agile innovation and exploration of disruptive technologies for future aircraft including digital manufacturing capabilities
- Train and develop the UK aerospace technical community as well as the next generation of Engineers – Business & technical support/advice to start-ups, SMEs & aerospace supply chain
- Showcase GKN Aerospace and its ecosystem capabilities
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Additive Industries B.V.
- ANSYS UK Limited
- ATS Applied Tech Systems Limited
- Axillium Research
- Blue Bear Systems Research Ltd
- Centre for Modelling & Simulation
- Digital Catapult
- Exechon Enterprises L.L.C.
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy Limited
- KUKA Industries UK Limited
- Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
- Materialise UK Limited
- National Composites Centre (NCC)
- PXL Realm Limited
- Renishaw plc
- Siemens Industry Software Limited
- Thales UK Limited
- Theta Technologies Ltd.
- TriMas Aerospace
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Sheffield
- University of the West of England
Careers at GKN Aerospace
Choosing a career at GKN Aerospace means you are joining a truly global company that is positively affecting the lives of people around the world every day.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented individuals with the skills and passions to become leaders of the future in what they do.