Global Technology Centres
Latest GTC News
What is the UK GTC?
A 10,000 m2, ‘Open access’ collaborative R&D centre located in Filton, Bristol.
- One of 4 Global Technology Centres
- A joint £32M investment between GKN Aerospace and the UK Government through the Aerospace Technology Institute
- An ecosystem of Universities, Research and Technology Organisations, Catapults, Government Organisations and Industrial Partners
- Providing support to start-ups and SMEs
- Opening in 2020
- Watch our build progress
The Missions of the UK GTC
- Investigate the optimum application & insertion of emerging technologies into products
- Develop advanced capabilities for high rate aerospace manufacturing
- Increase collaboration within our ecosystem: hosts 300 engineers – GKN Aerospace, Universities, Catapults, Research Institutes, Start-ups & SME’s, Customers, Suppliers, Industrial Partners
- Enable agile innovation and exploration of disruptive technologies for future aircraft including digital manufacturing capabilities
- Train and develop the UK aerospace technical community as well as the next generation of Engineers – Business & technical support/advice to start-ups, SMEs & aerospace supply chain
- Showcase GKN Aerospace and its ecosystem capabilities
- Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC)
- Additive Industries B.V.
- ANSYS UK Limited
- ATS Applied Tech Systems Limited
- Axillium Research
- Blue Bear Systems Research Ltd
- Centre for Modelling & Simulation
- Digital Catapult
- Exechon Enterprises L.L.C.
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy Limited
- KUKA Industries UK Limited
- Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
- Materialise UK Limited
- National Composites Centre (NCC)
- PXL Realm Limited
- Renishaw plc
- Siemens Industry Software Limited
- Thales UK Limited
- Theta Technologies Ltd.
- TriMas Aerospace
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Sheffield
- University of the West of England
Interested in becoming a GTC partner? Please contact us below.
Careers at GKN Aerospace
Choosing a career at GKN Aerospace means you are joining a truly global company that is positively affecting the lives of people around the world every day.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented individuals with the skills and passions to become leaders of the future in what they do.